- “Put Harvard, MIT and Princeton together and you begin to get an idea of the status of this university in India.” – CBS- 60 MINUTES, “Imported from India” Lesley Stahl
- “Have been extremely impressed…one of the leading universities in the world in the field of technology.” – Joe Biden, Vice President, USA
- “IITs are world class institutes, and the impact of IIT has been worldwide. The computer industry has benefited greatly from the tradition of the IITs.” – Bill Gates, Founder Microsoft
- “IIT is a world treasure.” – Jeff Bezos of Amazon
ABOUT IIT ALUMNI
- “Graduates of the Indian Institutes of Technology (IIT) in the United States have made valuable and significant contributions to society in every profession and discipline. IIT graduates are highly committed and dedicated to research, innovation, and promotion of trade and international cooperation between India and the United States. The House of Representatives honors the economic innovation attributable to graduates of the Indian Institutes of Technology.” – House Resolution 227: House of Representatives, US.
- “.. Have immense respect for the academic and humanitarian work carried out by the IIT alumni …” – President Bill Clinton
- “The IIT culture has contributed much to the corporate and modern sector. IITians have ushered in a culture of getting things done.” – Amartya Sen, Nobel laureate
- “Alumni from the five IITs together accounted for 122 computer science faculty in the top 50 American universities, second only to Massachusetts Institute of Technology, the top contributor with 127 faculty members” – Brown University study.
- “IITs are ranked fourth (just ahead of Harvard) in a new ranking of the top 50 universities that have produced VC-backed founders.” – Pitch Book Data, a US-based private equity and VC research firm. August/Sept 2014
- “Three IITians were on the Forbes list of ‘Richest People in America’.” – Forbes Magazine
- Romesh Wadhwani and Vinod Khosla, both IITians, and their spouses became signatories to The Giving Pledge, agreeing to give 50% of their wealth to charity.
ABOUT THE IIT GLOBAL LEADERSHIP CONFERENCES
PanIIT Inc. is a 501c (6) not-for-profit, US based organization of the alumni from the Indian Institutes of Technology (IITs) that facilitates the Global Leadership conferences (GLCs). Since 2003, these GLCs have been organized by volunteer IIT alumni (IITians) every year, and are held in the USA during odd years, and in India during even years. These sell out conferences have attracted over 3500 participants, and have had iconic speakers such as Bill Gates and President Bill Clinton to name a few. Details of PanIIT Inc., IITs and past conferences can be found at http://iit.org
IIT Alumni 2015 Global Leadership Conference / The Internet of People
The IIT Global Leadership Conference is being held on July 24, 25 and 26, 2015 at the Santa Clara Convention Center, Santa Clara, California.
Just as the Internet connects computers/Things, the 2015 IIT Global Leadership Conference connects People, very bright people. The Internet of People (IoP), brings together 4,000 of the best minds, both IITian and non-IITian, to present science fiction like technology that will change your life, share secrets to success, and encourage giving back.
The IoP delivers:
- Inspirational Keynote Speeches, Panels and Fireside Chats
- Innovative Ideas to spark the next wave in technology
- Transformational Technology
- IIT Women’s Day, IIT Director Engagement Day
- Achieving with Mentor / Mentee Connect
- Networking , Professional and Social
- Giving Back , Novel ways to do so
Socialize during conference breaks in the Exhibitor Hall, hydrate during H3, our Happy Hour and a Half, refuel with sumptuous dinners, relax with world class entertainment, then get up and dance to foot-stomping music.